How can we improve Tickle?

Return support of parrot devices

Support for all parrot devices- rolling and flying- has been removed for new projects, and hence new users. Old projects can be loaded and used, so at a guess this is political rather than functional.

This functionality should be returned, or all mention of these devices should be removed from the website, app store, and app. I've bought drones based on this false information.

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evan commented  · 

I was also dismayed to discover that Tickle no longer supported Parrot drones. But I've switched my students to Tynker now and, in a lot of ways, it's actually an improvement.

It's available on iPads and Android tablets - only issue is not available on phones.

Hope this helps you all!

• Aaron commented  · 

Agreed. My students were very excited to be using the program and mini drones this year, and with the removal of mini drones will result in the movement to other block based coding apps.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just wondering what one could use instead? My students are quite annoyed to not be able to program the drones in the classroom.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Could tickle at least update us about the situation?

• Taz commented  · 

Please bring Parrot support back!

• Csta1112 commented  · 

Please I don't have an iPad so I can't use tynker, tickle is the only one which supports phone usage and now that it no longer supports parrot minidrones there is no use for the whole app. Hope to see support for parrot minidrones restored!!!!

• Philip Lathroum commented  · 

Please put back Drone support... till then I am moving to Tynker... and I can no longer recommend Tickle to other teachers... bad move...

• Anonymous commented  · 

This decision has made Tickle useless to us and it looks like we will just need to remove it from our school list of apps.
        It is a massive shame as we have put a lot of PL into the app and our kids and teachers love it.
        Hello Tynker.

• Sherri Osterberg commented  · 

I found another app (Tynker) after some research that will allow you to connect the parrot drones. It can be downloaded on IOS, Android, and Chromebooks. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how good it is but I will be trying it out with students tomorrow.

• Sherri Osterberg commented  · 

We purchased 10 drones and 10 ipads. The total was about $7,000 which was not easy to do at my site. The administration and district is going to expect these are used and now I am stuck. I am hoping this will be resolved and drones can be added back as a supported device.

• Kevin Jarrett commented  · 

What a shame. This decision is going to affect THOUSANDS of students and teachers and programs. I would gladly PAY for this capability. I suspect many others would too. Heading over to Twitter to raise awareness of this issue...not cool, folks. NOT COOL!

• Cameron commented  · 

We are a small school and have just purchased some mini drones to program though Tickle. Please return the programming feature for mini drones. Very disappointing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. Information on the website suggests support for Mini drones. How about a short statement on the situation? Maybe there is a problemen in maintaining support that we should know about and Help People understand the situation?

• Erik commented  · 

Please return the parrot support, we just bought 3 drones for our students, and now they cant be used:(

• Anonymous commented  · 

Help! I just bought several drones for my class and tickle now isn't working? Is this temporary or did I just waste all of my class dollars?

• Dee commented  · 

VERY annoyed right now and hoping I haven't just wasted my money purchasing a mini drone.

• Angie commented  · 

They should remove the support for existing projects as well and remove drone support from Tickle.

• Jamie commented  · 

Same problem. Have launched a Drone Programme in my school, purchased quite a large number of Airborne Cargo Drones purely because they could be programmed via Tickle. This is a huge set back. Has anyone had any reply from Tickle?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base