How can we improve Tickle?

Shapes, text, sounds and more

I really like Tickle, but I am disappointed by the fact that we can only add a few characters. If we could add basic shapes and change their size and color, it would be amazing. Also, adding text boxes would be a great new feature. Finally, the ability of importing and recording sounds would be awesome.
If you can bring those features to Tickle, I will give your app 5 stars !

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Samuel Paradis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mr. Jurgens - ThinkingEducation.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the ability to record sound and trigger those as event would be a great idea. Currently we use this function with Dash and Lego WeDO on their native apps for classroom "Robot Storytelling" Since adding this literacy / storytelling function is a big part of why I can integrate these bots into my programming, the lack of it in Tickle means we don't use the Tickle app very much.

There are two approaches -
    1. Add the abilty for the iPad to playback the recorded sound.
    2. Dash - Connect with Dash's ability to have recorded sounds downloaded to him
    3. Enable Recording & Playback on other bots, Sphero would we great, since the native app doesn't have this function as yet.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually I found a way to use text. Add a character and get them to say what you want.

Or if you just want a number use the number character and change its looks to other numbers as needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base